After consulting with consumers and members ACCAN has developed its position to ensure all consumers can be connected consumers.
Connected consumers are able to do what they need through communication services. Without connected consumers there will be social isolation, reduced economic livelihood, insecurity and potential threat to safety. Focusing on connected consumers, allows us to ensure that communication services delivers for consumers, society and the economy.
This policy position identifies key principles needed to support the delivery of reliable communication services for the future. These principles are:
- Available essential telecommunication services for all
- Affordable telecommunication services and targeted measures for low income consumers
- Service standards applicable on essential services
- Accessible essential services
- Ensure all consumers can engage and benefit from online services
- Increased digital literacy and empowerment.